- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, register with, access, or use the Platform.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
How We Collect Information We collect information from and about users of the Platform:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Platform. Information You Provide Directly to Us When you download, register with, access, or use any aspect of the Platform, we may ask you to provide the following types of information:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to, your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number (“personal information”).
- Payment information, including but not limited to, credit card information. This information may be provided by you in the following ways:
- Filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information that you may provide when downloading, registering with, accessing, or using any aspect of the Platform, when requesting further services, and when reporting problems with the Platform.
- Contacting us. This includes information you may provide when you correspond with us, including, but not limited to, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Participating in surveys. This includes information you may provide when you respond to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Carrying out transactions. Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Platform.
Searching within the Platform. This includes information you may provide when you perform search queries on the Platform. If you provide information for publication or display (“Posted”) on public areas of the Platform or websites you access through the Platform (collectively “User Contributions”), then your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking When you download, register with, access, or use any aspect of the Platform, the Platform may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Platform, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Platform.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Platform may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information. If you do not want us to collect any of the above information, then you may decide not to use the Platform or not to download the mobile application, or delete the mobile application from your device. For more information, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information” below. Information Collection and Tracking Technologies The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. The Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit VenueApp, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity). Third-Party Information Collection Generally. When you use the Platform or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies. Please see additional information below under “Our Use of Google Analytics”.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- Provide you with the Platform and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when updates for the Platform are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it. The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Platform.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including our own good and services or the goods and services of third parties. For more information, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information” below. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. 4 Disclosure of Your Information We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of VenueApp’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by VenueApp about the Platform’s users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VenueApp, our customers, or others. Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information This section describes mechanisms that we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- The right to know the categories of personal information that VenueApp has collected and the categories of sources from which we obtained such information.
- The right to know VenueApp’s business purposes for sharing personal information.
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom VenueApp shared personal information.
- The right to know if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, comprising two separate lists disclosing:
- any sales, which list identifies the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased (note that at present we do not sell personal information that we collect); and
- any disclosures for a business purpose, which list identifies the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The right to access the specific pieces of personal information that VenueApp has collected
- The right to correct personal information that VenueApp has collected.
- The right to delete your personal information.
- The right to not be discriminated against if you exercise your rights under the CPL. The provisions below of this California Notice provide further details about these and other rights and certain details about the exercise of such rights. Information We Collect We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer, household or device (collectively, “personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated California consumer information.
Information excluded from the CPL’s scope, including:
Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
Personal information covered by certain other laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994. We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months: Category Examples Identifiers An individual’s name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers Personal information categories described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information Commercial information Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies Internet or other similar network activity Browsing history, search history, information on a California consumer’s interaction with our website, application, or advertisement and any social media sites from which user information is linked, connected or obtained Inferences drawn from other personal information Examples include a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes Geolocation data Physical location or movements (Note: Certain precise geolocation data may be considered to be sensitive personal information under the CPL and, to the extent such data is considered to be sensitive personal information you have the right to limit the use and disclosure of such data.) Sources of Personal Information In addition to sources of personal information addressed elsewhere in this Policy, we obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly From You. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase or from communications with you such as when you contact VenueApp (whether in person, by mail, by phone, online, via electronic communication or by other means) including our customer support service. 7
- Indirectly From You. For example, from observing your actions on our Platform or from products or services that you have purchased from VenueApp, if you have enabled such functionality, such as telemetry services.
- From Others. o From third party service providers. For example, if you choose to make an electronic payment directly to VenueApp, or through a linked website or mobile application, or through an affiliate of ours, VenueApp may receive personal information about you from third parties such as payment services providers, for the purposes of that payment. o From affiliates. We may collect personal information about you from our affiliates or others acting on their behalf.
- From Public Sources. For example, we may collect information from public records. Uses of Personal Information In addition to uses of personal information addressed elsewhere in this Policy, we may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill the reason that you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote, request to be contacted by an affiliate, or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we may use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product or service orders or to process returns.
- To perform services such as customer service, order fulfillment, payment processing, financing and advertising, marketing or analytic services.
- To advance our commercial or economic interests, such as by helping you to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
- To verify or maintain quality or safety standards or improve or upgrade a product or service provided or controlled by or for us.
- To provide, support, personalize and develop our Platform, products and services such as to perform warranty related services or other post-sale activities such as product or service monitoring or repairs.
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Platform experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Platform, third-party sites and via mail, email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Platform, products and services, databases and other assets and business.
- For testing, research and analysis purposes, including to develop and improve our Platform, products and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CPL or applicable law.
- To send you information relevant to your past purchases and interests, subject to compliance with applicable laws regarding direct marketing.
- To otherwise use as reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve our operational or notified purpose for collecting personal information and as compatible with the context in which we collected the information.